Wednesday 28 March 2007

Snowing in March?

It was a really perfect day to snow! Ok, I'm being sarcastic. I woke up on Thu morning, the morning of my presentation, all set to put on my work pants and leather shoes and believe or not the picture below greeted me as I opened the window. Damn! I couldn't wear my pants and leather shoes for the presentation.. it was back to the usual jeans and boots. I waited 2 long months to see the first snow fall in Darmstadt and only ice rain greeted me. Of all the days, it had to snow today. However, it was only half a day of snowfall and by evening it was all gone. I'm no expert in weather but I heard that this sudden snowfall and drop in temperature is got to do with the last cold wind from the north. This also signals the beginning of spring!

snowing at darmstadt
Start of snowfall... 22.3.07.. 7am

No comments: