Sunday 17 June 2007

2 weekends back home...

Despite having a another long weekend and initially planning to go to Paris to meet Gabriel, travelling and rock concerts took its toll on me. The past 2 weekends were spent in doing stuff in this area.

Greg (my flat-mate)'s birthday was pretty fun. Hanging out with a room-full of French people and with me and another german guy being the only non-frogs. Nonetheless, Greg's friends made him pretty high and made him do weird stuff. It was funny but cool. I think the French drinking songs are damn catchy, better than the German ones. Gotta learn some of them...

Greg's Birthday 011
Greg's birthday

Greg's Birthday 010
Drinking games..

Mannheim

Saturday was spent with Olga in Mannheim. She was kind enough to show me all the interesting sites and I must say that I have a pretty good impression of Mannheim despite what everyone says about it.

Mannheim 010
Luisengarten

Mannheim 008
tired huh?

Mannheim 026
Water fountain near the Wasserturm


@ Aunt Mathilda's

On Sunday, it was spent at Aunt Mathilda's place in Bad Homburg, north of Frankfurt. It was lovely afternoon with a really good, home-cooked indian lunch! My goodness, I missed home-cooked food only after eating there. Thankfully, she packed more for me to bring home. Bad Homburg is a really lovely town with many nice houses and a beautifull park. We went on a "Wasser- wanderung" (mineral water hike) through a park famous for its natural spring water and tried 6 different types of natural spring water. It was nice meeting Serena and Michelle, cousins I have not met before, who spoke German as their first language.

Aunt Mathilda's 004
Aunt Mathilda, Uncle Fritz, Serena and Michelle in their backyard..

No comments: